To reward Pony Club members for excellence in academic pursuits, and outstanding achievements in Pony Club. The TCN Scholarship will be awarded annually in the amount of $1,000. In addition, the recipient will receive their choice of 5 free bags of Triple Crown Feed.
Recipient shall be an active Pony Club member currently enrolled in (or been accepted to) an institution of higher education who has:
Achieved a Pony Club Certification of higher than a C-2 and has at least a 3.0 average in his/her academics.
- Applicant must complete 500 word essay on "The Nutritional Management of a particular Pony Club Mount”. This is in addition to the other required essays.
- Applicant must complete the application form, which may be obtained on the USPC web site. The completed form and all accompanying materials must be delivered to the USPC office by March 31st. Faxed copies will not be accepted.
- Applicant must submit a letter from his/her school verifying that (s)he has been accepted to or is enrolled full-time at an institution of higher education (this may include university, college, community college, technical or vocational school) at the time of application.
- Applicant must submit a current transcript from the institution (or from high school, if applicant is a high school senior).
- Applicant must submit at least two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the District Commissioner/Center Administrator or Regional Supervisor of the Pony Club/Riding Center where (s)he is a member.
Recipient(s) are selected by the USPC Scholarship Committee (as named by USPC), and announced by June 30.
Disbursements are made directly to the college/university which the recipients attends and designated for the benefit of that student only.
Triple Crown shall have the absolute rights to copyright, publish, and/or reprint, or edit as necessary at their sole discretion, the submission of the winning recipient of the TCN Scholarship. Triple Crown requests a photo of the applicant with their horse, and may ask recipient for additional materials.